Tonight is the final of the Novice Photographer of the year when the inaugural winner of the Lesley Porter Shield will be announced.
This is a print only round with an 'open' theme.
The rules and guidelines regarding mounting and sizing of printed images for POTY finals reflect those for NIPA Inter Club rounds:
- Prints should be on mounts of 30cm x 40cm, or smaller.
- In all cases the print size must be equal to, or smaller than, the mount size.
- If using BPIC standard mounts (not mandatory!) the usual printing size is 8x12in or A4.
- Members can use a different aperture size if they wish e.g. letterbox, square etc.
- All prints must be labelled to the top right of the reverse of the print. This also indicates the orientation of the print for display purposes.
- Print entries to be submitted to the club by 19:40 hours on the date of the relevant competition round.
- Each print must show on the back of the mount:
POTYNF (Novice Final)
Title of image (untitled is not acceptable as a title)
- 1st placed Photographer of the Year (Novice) - The Lesley Porter Shield + £30 Amazon voucher
- 2nd placed Photographer of the Year (Novice) - £20 Amazon voucher
- 3rd Placed Photographer of the Year (Novice) - £10 Amazon Voucher
- Top Mono Print on the night - £10 Amazon voucher
- Top Colour Print on the night - £10 Amazon voucher
Full POTY rules are here.
Prizes to be awarded at end of season dinner and prize-giving night.