Club Member Alan will be talking about his love of Landscape photography, and showing examples of his work, as well as talking about some of his post-processing techniques.
As the 12/13 season draws to a close it's a great opportunity to thank everyone for making it a great season and to look back over the highlights from the last 12 months.
- Brian Bennett received an EAPU Panel Award at the East Antrim Open
- Brian Bennett's mono print "Christine" was selected for inclusion in the NIPA entry in the Celtic Challenge 2012
- Karen McCrea, Melissa Gordon, Martin Lamb and Brian Bennett each had images selected for the Celtic Challenge
- Roger Eager's image came second in the Shorts Camera Club - My Titanic Belfast Competition
- Guest Speaker: Janine Walker
- Martin Lamb had an image selected for the Natural History section of the PAGB PDI competition
- Gareth O'Cathain received a Highley Commended in the 'Best black and white' category of the Belfast Zoo 2012 Photographic Competition
- In the NIPA Round 1 competition Stephen Wilson and Brian Maguire received NIPA stars, Brian also received the top Colour Print honours
- Club Trip: Scott Kelby 5th Annual Photowalk
- Vivienne Beck placed first in the PDI section of the Roy Finlay Memorial Natural History Competition
- Club Trip: Donegal
- Guest Speaker: Roy McKeown FRPS
- Guest Speaker: Glenn Norwood
- In the NIPA Novice Competition Gareth O'Cathain placed 1st in the Mono print section with "The Blacksmith", placed 2nd in the Colour print section with "Helen's Wool" and received a Commended for his PDI "Zimbabwe Danger".
Mel Boyle received a commended for his Mono Print "Indian Labourers".
- In the NIPA Round 3 competition Matthew Jeanes received a NIPA star
- Guest Speaker: Carrie Davenport
- The winners in our internal Architectural competition were; Colour Print - Donal McCann, Mono Print - Russell Birch and PDI - Brian Maguire
- Brian Maguire won our Donegal Trip competition
- In the NIPA Round 4 competition Brian Bennett and Barry Lau received NIPA stars
- The following members had images selected for the 2013 Annual NIPA Exhibition; Alan Lavery, Brian Bennett, Mel Boyle, Barry Lau, Stephen Wilson, Gerald Gribbon, Russell Birch, Matthew Jeanes, Suzi McBride and Nolan Duffy. Nolan achieved a PAGB silver medal, Mel received a PAGB Bronze Medal and Alan Lavery received two PAGB Ribbons
- Brian Maguire achieved his LRPS
- Martin Lamb was awarded with a Neil Marshall Medal in the Natural History section of the PAGB 2012 Inter-Federation competition.
- Guest Speaker: Ross McKelvey
- Gareth O'Cathain had one of his images displayed on the BBC News website
- Barry Lau reached the final of the Ballymena Rotary Club Young Artist of the Year 2013
- Guest Speaker: Paul Hanley
- In the NIPA Round 5 competition Saravanan Appukuttan received a NIPA star
- In the BPIC Photographer of the Year Round 1 competition Vivienne Beck was the Novice winner and Barry Lau won the Advanced category
- In the BPIC Photographer of the Year Round 3 competition Roger Eager was the Novice winner and Stephen Wilson won the Advanced category
- Roger Eager was named as the 12/13 BPIC Novice Photographer of the Year
- Dermott Sweeney was named as the 12/13 BPIC Advanced Photographer of the Year
- The season wrapped up with a lovely dinner
I am absolutely delighted to say that BPIC has yet again done amazingly in the NIPA Exhibition! We have managed to get a massive 14 images accepted in both the print and PDI sections, which is fantastic considering only 75 can go forward for the whole of Northern Ireland.
Acceptances from the following members:
- Alan Lavery x 3
- Brian Bennett ARPS x 2
- Mel Boyle x 2
- Barry Lau ARPS
- Stephen Wilson
- Gerald Gribbon
- Russell Birch
- Matthew Jeanes
- Suzi McBride
- Nolan Duffy
Award Winning members:
- PAGB Silver Medal - Forgotten Ballerina - Nolan Duffy
- PAGB Bronze Medal - Sikh Cycles - Mel Boyle
- PAGB Ribbon - Alone - Alan Lavery
- PAGB Ribbon - Doagh Island - Alan Lavery
Congratulations to everyone that got an image selected and to those who managed to gain an award. All of the images will be on display at the Belfast Waterfront from Wednesday 13th March.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed into the exhibition.
PAGB Silver Medal - Nolan Duffy - The Forgotten Ballerina
PAGB Bronze Medal - Mel Boyle - Sikh Cycles
On Thursday the 25th October the round 1 judging night took place at Christian Brothers, here's how we fared.
- Karen McCrea - Woodland - 11
- Mark Davison - Mouse - 10
- Brian Bennett - Field Ready - 10
- Vivienne Beck - Piggy Back Ride - 9
- Brian Bennett - Friends - 12
- Karen McCrea - Freckles - 8
- Alan Lavery - Milan - 8
- Brian Maguire - Wondering - 10
- Brian Bennett - Sunflowers - 10
- Stephen Wilson - Lone Tree Sunset - 13 (Starred Image)
- David Donnelly - Down The Duff - 11
- Brian Maguire - Havana Dude - 14 (Starred Image - Top Colour Print)
After round one BPIC is sitting in 4th place with a score of 99 points, congratulations everyone!
Following is the top scoring image from each category, and here is the full round 1 submission.